Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/2011

Happy New Year!

I talked to Terry tonight. She said that for the most part Tank is unchanged, but seems a bit tired. Apparently, they've continued radiation, in addition to the chemotherapy. On the advice of a local doctor, I think. Although, when Sally and I were there, he wasn't leaving Bayside for radiation, so he took a week-long break (at least). She said that the chemo is now complete, and that he'll have his last radiation treatment on Monday. The combination has exhausted him, and it's time to rebuild.

A couple of days ago, he had visitors from San Pedro. Mary Margaret, Joe, and Carleen visited, and they all went to the Galley together for lunch. It tired Tank, however. Still, I'm sure he was delighted to see his friends.

According to Terry, the physical therapist is the one who decides when Tank leaves Bayside. It continues to look like it might happen in a couple of weeks. Terry is having the TV moved into Tank's bedroom. For now, they'll keep his regular bed there, and only change to a hospital bed if necessary.

Some friends from Arizona (I think...maybe New Mexico) are coming to visit mid-month. Then, Peggy and Mike. Then, Catherine.

Tank mentioned when we were there that he'd like an easy-to-use DVD player, so he can watch movies at home. He's eager to watch "What's Up, Doc?" and "The Birdcage." :) I'm sure there are plenty of others. Doesn't that sound fun...to do that with Tank?

I think that's all she mentioned. I'll try to reach Tank tomorrow, and report on his mood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment