Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1/5/2011

Hi there.

I just talked to Terry (I wasn't able to reach her last night). She said Tank is "holding his own." (That's a perfectly legitimate figure of speech, despite the fact that Nola always discouraged us from using it.) Terry didn't sound very optimistic. She said Tank is "resigned," and that he had hoped to be home before now. Terry said she talked to the nurses, and asked their opinion of Tank going home in a couple of weeks, and the nurses didn't think it was likely.

Tank's last radiation treatment was on Tuesday.

Today, Terry took Tank to the eye doctor. Because of his fragile health, he's unable to have cataract surgery. The doctor gave Tank some reading glasses, which Terry said are very handsome. :)

Sally and I are leaving tomorrow morning to go visit. We'll be in Morro Bay for about five days. We're both very eager to see him. If anyone wants me to bring anything back from the Central Coast, give me a call. I'll provide daily updates regarding Tank's condition. Also, I'm taking a senior-friendly cell phone for Tank. I hope he's able and willing to use it. We'll see.

Take care, all. Polly.

No comments:

Post a Comment