Monday, December 20, 2010

12/20/2010, Later

Thanks to Kent for letting us use this computer. :)

And thanks to Kelly for sending the picture of Charlie. What a good-looking boy!

Sally and I are at Burger King. Usually, we go to a Mexican restaurant for lunch (we ARE on vacation). So, we're doing that tonight. "Pirate Radio" is on HBO, and I dont have HBO at home, so I watch "Pirate Radio" each time it's on.

Terry provided additional medical information. Tank has Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy. Please google that. I think it means that he has long-term inflammation leading to the removal of the myelin sheaths from nerves, causing nerve disease in many locations. Based on a medical terminology class I took recently. Because I got an A in the class, I briefly thought that I was a doctor, but it turned out I was not.

The neuropathy is both peripheral and...not peripheral. He feels tingling (but not pain) in his feet, legs, hands, and torso from his chest down. It is our hope that tomorrow's Stanford visit will shed some light on the situation, and lead to a treatment plan.

He was helpful last night in suggesting a business plan for Sally, and another for the two of us combined. The two-of-us-combined plan is pretty good, and something we (I?) might pursue this summer, at a farmers market. It does not include farming.

So, things are pretty good here. Its going to be difficult to leave. Terry is so appreciative. Its fun being with Sally. I hope that all of you are enjoying the last day of autumn, and looking forward to a Blessed Winter Solstice tomorrow! Love, Polly.

No comments:

Post a Comment