Saturday, September 24, 2011

24 September 2011, a few minutes later

Oh! I forgot to mention that last night, after dinner, Peggy and I went for a walk on the beach. It was near sunset, and the beach was empty, and I think the tide was high. We parked near Tank's house, and walked past the benches, and down the steps, and then we walked south. It was wonderful. We talked and laughed. I walked in sandals, and Peggy walked in bare feet. It felt so good to be there. We talked about our other trips to Morro Bay, together and separately. This is our 5th time together, I think. She has four other visits, and I have six other visits, as I recall. Once, days before Tank died, we were here at the same time, although we hadn't traveled together. That together-time lasted a mere 18 hours or so, but I don't think either of us will ever forget it.

It was very overcast last night, so we couldn't see the sunset, but it was still a pleasure. When I was ready to turn around, I encouraged Peggy to go farther, but she returned to the car with me. We sat on the benches for a while, watching the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment